So this is my second version of the Bettine Dress having added 2" to the bodice as well as the skirt. This time I used a rayon fabric I've had in my stash for a couple of years, not knowing what to do with it.
It's interesting to see how differently this hangs than the chambray version as this fabric is much more drapey. Having added the 2" to the bodice, I think I prefer it with less drape actually (you live and learn) so if I make it again, I'll remove the additional bodice length again. I don't think the extra drape round my waist is particularly flattering on my figure.
This time I went for a simple, basic version of the dress. No cuffs, tabs or pockets, as the fabric pattern is quite large and I thought pockets would break the pattern up too much.
Other than that, there's very little extra to say about this make. I used a contrasting fabric for the facings again, this time because I thought the light drapey nature of the rayon might make the neck line hand badly, so I used some cotton as it has more structure.
Safe to say, both my Bettine's will get some wear this summer, although this version is slightly less suitable for spring as I don't think it works quite as well with tights as the other one.