Sunday, 15 February 2015

Finished Project: Copycat Coco

Happy Sunday all! Hope you all had a lovely Valentines day, whatever you were doing. Hubby and I went to Ludlow for the day - I really pretty black and white market town in Shropshire - before coming back and going out for a nice Thai meal. Pretty chilled but lovely nonetheless.

Anyhoo - on to the finished project. I made this the day after I made my Coco Blue - I'd been to Birmingham and came across some really snuggly red sweatshirt material so decided to completely rip-off Tilly's own snuggly red coco top she made and make one of my own.


Just like the dress, this is super easy to make and Tilly's instructions are really easy to follow. I made it in 1 hour max. What I love about sewing with sweatshirt / jersey fabric is the ability to be a lazy stitcher and not do anything with the seam finishes as they don't fray.

I have worn this so much since I made it - perfect for wearing round the house when I need another layer or on those colder days at school too.

Plus, I've got enough sweatshirt fabric left to make myself a bolero top or something - anyone have any suggestions for good bolero patterns?

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely, and I can't believe you made it in less than an hour!! Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice - a 1 hour make is what happens when you don;t need to finish the seams properly! :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the colour and the collar is great, so retro. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the retro look of it too.

      Delete