Thursday, 29 January 2015

Finished Project: Coco Blue

Hello hello! How are we all?

I've got another finished project today - something super quick and easy to get me in the mood for sewing up my vintage jacket. Tilly's Coco pattern.



I bought this pattern a few weeks back because I liked the idea of having some super simple and comfortable staples for work in my wardrobe. It basically took me just over an hour to cut out the pattern, cut the pattern pieces and then sew up - it could not be simpler! That's my kind of quick make!


I used some navy blue ponte de roma jersey - so lovely and soft - to make up the dress. I thought about adding the pockets but decided I just wanted a simple plain dress for this version. However, I have plenty of plans for making more of this pattern - tops and dresses.


Other than that, I added 2" to the length because I prefer my dresses slightly longer than it would have been if I'd left it. But other than that, I cut out a straight size 3 and fits brilliantly.

Next up (in between sewing my vintage jacket) is a blatant idea steal from Tilly herself - a red sweatshirt version of the funnel collar Coco top. Very snuggly!

5 comments:

  1. Sweet and simple and I'm sure you're going to wear it to death!
    I look forward to seeing a snuggy red version :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely, the perfect dress for every occasion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. It's been on constant wash n wear rotation since I made it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice& casual I love it!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is definitely the most comfortable dress I own!

      Delete