Sunday, 10 August 2014

Finished Project: Swing Dress

Happy Sunday all! How depressing is this weather? I was enjoying the sunshine thanks and now we've got the tail end of Hurricane Bertha (or whatever she's called) making it feel like winter! Ugh. Oh well, guess I'll just have to get some sewing done instead - shame :-) .


'Scuse the not great photos - none of my cameras are behaving brilliantly at the moment. Another finished project today. A summery Sense and Sensibility Swing Dress. A made a dark blue flowery version of this a while back and have worn it so many times I just knew I needed to make another at some point.

I got this fabric from fabric.com a US company as I was struggling to find a good selection of Rayon fabrics that I liked. I saw this rayon on their website and decided to go for it. It's been in my stash waiting for me to get round to making another swing dress for the last year at least I'd say.


Not much to report fit wise as I sorted all that out last time I made the dress - I lengthened the skirt by about 2 inches to ensure it sat below the knee and this time just decided to pink all the seam edges for speed.

I used an invisible zip and also just pulled in the cross-over bodice front in a little bit to avoid gaping and the need to wear a little vest underneath. I love the colours of this fabric. They're just so summery and bright.