It's made out of some pillar-box red gabardine fabric bought in Barry's Fabric Warehouse in Birmingham at the last Birmingham blogger meetup a few months back. I added length to the skirt again to ensure it fell below the knee as I really like this length on pencil skirts.
That's about all to say about this skirt - the vent edge are bound with checkered black and white bias binding, the hem with some red lace I had in my stash and I did another lapped zipper.
In other news, those of you who follow me on Instagram will have seen a picture of some lovely mustard coloured broderie-anglais I was planning on making a self-drafted pleated skirt out of....
well it was an unmitigated disaster so I'm planning on salvaging the fabric and making a lightweight Ginger skirt out of it instead. I can't be bothered with the hassle of trying to sort out the self drafted skirt at this point, so when I can sum up enough enthusiasm to make the Ginger skirt I'll show pictures, but at the moment the fabric is just languishing on my sewing table.
In slightly better news however, I've finally got round to tracing the bodice pieces for the Elisalex dress so I can do a muslin fit first. Hopefully that should be finished soon too!