Although I thought a slightly smaller version would be better, I really liked the simple lines of the Grainline Scout Tee so I decided to make a second version with some mint polycotton from my stash.
There's not much to add in terms of construction notes except that this time round, I cut a full size smaller than the one recommended for my measurements. I also used french seams throughout the make rather than my serger and I didn't have quite enough material to cut front and back on the fold so I seamed the back piece. Personally, I think this version fits me much better.
So, thats three new basic tops so far added to my me made wardrobe since the end of MM May. Not to shabby if I do say so myself! I've also added another future project to my 'To Make' list after seeing Scruffy Badger's kimono sleeve t-shirt - so lovely! For those of you who haven't seen it, pop on over and have a look!
I've also sewn up about 3 versions of the1950s top |I wanted to make and just cannot get it to fit, so I've decided to shelve it for now since there are plenty of other projects I want to get started with. I still need to trace and cut the pattern for the 1950s Chicago Tribune dress, but I'm in the middle of finishing off my first version of the Colette Peony dress for a wedding in a couple of weeks so i'll get started on the 1950's dress once that's done. So lots to be kept occupied with.