Saturday, 28 April 2012

Pyjama Party: The Big Reveal

So, over the last week or so, many of you will have noticed Karen over at Did You Make That has been hosting her pyjama party for everyone to get involved in and so far over 100 people have signed up!

Like many others, I love my pyjamas and spend most of my lounging around time in PJ bottoms or something similar, so having a nice pretty pair of PJs made by my own fair hands seemed like a brilliant idea. I've used the Simplicity 2721 pyjama pattern for my version of the pyjamas.


I wanted to use some of my stash up making these pyjamas rather than buying anything new and I decided to make them using this pretty pink vintage floral looking cotton lawn:

Karen's blog post tutorials were brilliant and, like her, I decided to give my PJs an elastic waist rather than a tie chord waist as it's much easier having an elasticated waist when your dying for the toilet in the middle of the night! I also lengthened the pattern by a couple of inches so there were no chilly ankles with the finished project.

I actually finished my PJ bottoms earlier in the week and they have already been tried and tested with some major lounging around! So far, so good!

And here they are (excuse the lighting, the camera's white ballence wouldn't sort itself out):

the standard lazing about get-up

Oh and my current reading list? Sad as it sounds I'm actually reading an academic book; Beginning Teaching Beginning Learning in Primary Education by Janet Moyles as I'm making a major career change come September to re-train as a primary school teacher so I've been getting some pre-reading in in advance (teacher's pet, me? Never!)


complete with fluffy slippers

So... anyone up for a pillow fight?

25 comments:

  1. Ooh, love the PJs with hoodie top. Now, where's my hoodie top...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's the perfect combo for staying snuggly and warm!

      Thanks for organising this party by the way. This is my first sew along and it's been great fun.

      Delete
  2. Great Pjs !!

    Hi, Im new here and also joining the party.

    you can see mix pjs here. http://houseofpinheiro.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/pyjama-party-live.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks, welcome to the party! The PJs were great fun to make too. Love yours too by the way - they look properly comfortable!

      Delete
  3. Love the pj's! I wanted to use stash yarn but I wanted something warm and cozy and all I had in my stash was cotton. Love the floral print!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat - I was thinking of getting something warm and cozy too but I really loved the flower print so decided to go with that instead.

      Delete
  4. They're lovely, the floral fabric is so pretty. And yes, I'm up for a pillow fight! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooohhhh FIIIGGGHHHTT!!!!!! Thanks, you can never have too many florals!

      Delete
  5. They look perfect for lounging around. Nice fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kestrel - yes they're lovely and comfortable so perfect for being a total slob at the weekend!

      Delete
  6. Good stuff. That lawn is pretty. Is it still cold where you are? PS please install disqus. Openid doesn't work for non-Google users and my eyes can't handle recaptcha anymore XP

    http://theperfectnose.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! It's a little chilly still - hence the fluffy slippers and hoodie! I'll see what I can do about disqus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely PJs. I am having such fun checking blogs I haven't seen before and seeing all the wonderful PJs everyone has made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie. It's so nice getting so many lovely comments,especially since I've only been writing the blog for a couple of weeks. Love yours too by the way - the check is so summery!

      Delete
  9. Cute pjs! I love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Though having seen your fabric, I'm somewhat jealous now! lol

      Delete
  10. Love your PJ's they look very relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnaks - they are very comfortable - although, with the wind and rain we've got here at the moment, I could do with some flannel ones instead at the moment I think!

      Delete
  11. Love your print! I also used a lawn print. It was a bit loud for me, but I was looking for something that would be good for a hot night without airconditioning. Good luck in your new career. I am a kindergarten teacher and love my little friends. Teaching is so rewarding. Unfortunately, we have had to become very tough-skinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I can't wait to start teaching - it's something I've been mulling over for a while so now it's on the doorstep, it's very exciting! I don't think your print is too loud at all - I love them!

      Delete
  12. I think I am in love with your jammies! They look the perfect lounge wear (especially with those fluffy slippers!!!) Adorable fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Scruffybadger - they're definitely perfect for lounging around in. The fluffy slippers are a bit of a necessity at the moment! They're not quite as classy as your little number though!

      Delete
  13. Those look so cute and cozy! A hoodie is part of any outfit around here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yes I'm not sure I can do without the hoodie just yet. The PJs are very cozy - they've been worn loads since I made them!

      Delete
  14. These are super cute! Way to de-stash!

    ReplyDelete